Black Rain
July 23, 2014, 03:52:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit HawaiiPB on Youtube: CLICK HERE

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: We are doing it again!  (Read 3533 times)
Fridaddy

« on: July 06, 2008, 06:38:51 AM »

I S L A N D – P A I N T B A L L . C O M

and

T E A M L O C K D O W N . C O M

Present:
A ROYAL WEDDING

Hawaii’s’ Second 24 Hour Format Scenario Game

Jan 24-25 2009

Island Paintball, Bellows Air Force Station
Waimanalo, Oahu, Hi.

$50 for the event, includes air and camping.

>>>>>There will be a 150 player cap<<<<<

For further information

W W W . O A H U S C E N A R I O S . C O M

Registration call, Island Paintball 808-422-8058
Game questions call, Oahu Scenarios 808-385-2953
maniacmechanic

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »

this is what I like , plenty of time to plan my vacation
Koa
I'm A OK!!!
Administrator
Elite Baller

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 12:24:09 PM »

i think i will make a point of it to attend

My Paintball Vids....also funny
Do not PM me technical questions, please ask in a forum
Autotriggers for Sale
hellbent

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:31:32 PM »

i am interested in attending, but whats with the storyline?
(never played a 24 hour scenario game)
Fridaddy

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »

The storyline... ( from www.oahuscenarios.com )

Princess Butterfinger sighed as she looked out the tower window, the princess was a distressed young lady. She was betrothed to Prince of the House of Florid. Now you would think becoming a princess of Florid and being betrothed to the young and handsome Prince Pumpernickel of Florid would be enough to satisfy any young lady. However Butterfinger had a bit of a problem, she didn’t love him, heck she didn’t even like the guy, her one ad only love was a stable boy named Western. Oh poor Western, she sighed again.

The door slammed open, Prince Pumpernickel stormed in the room, “There you see, it is the eve of your wedding, I sent my five fastest ships to the far ends of the ocean, Western cannot be found”

“Five? You said you would send one to my homeland! I can count Prince, you only have five ships in your fleet!”

“Well” he stammered, “yes I did. I meant I sent four ships to the four corners of the ocean, and one to Gilder, that makes five.”

The Princess was red with rage “You never sent your ships prince, I can see it in your face. I would rather die than marry you. Now get out and see me no more!”

“Die my princess? DIE!” Anger flashed in the princes eyes as he started to draw his dagger…. “THAT…CAN…BE…” with a visible sigh he calmed down “arranged...

"But let us not become hastily here princess. You will marry me in the morning, that is set in stone” The prince spun on his heel and marched out of the room slamming the door.

Standing outside was his chief of security and best friend, Count Rugrat. As Pumpernickel waked down the stairs Rugrat followed.

“You know your highness, she will never break, she is too proud”

“I know count, I know, all that matters is her being at the wedding. The gag will be covered by the veil."

The prince stopped, clapped his hands, and turned to face Rugrat. "How of the young princesses heartthrob? I hope he is doing well in the pit of despair?”

“No your highness, thats why I came to you, he seems to have escaped. But there are signs and we are hopeful of a quick capture”

“ESCAPED! Why did you not tell me this?”

“Well as soon as I was told I came here to report” Rugrat stammered, “We had hoped for a quick and painful end to the whole episode. Western was ‘mostly dead’ by the time he escaped so we thought he could not go far.”

“Call out the goon squad, empty the thieves’ forest, I want him captured and killed immediately”

“Why yes sire, it will be done” Rugrat spluttered as he ran off.

The princess overheard it all. Throwing herself on the silken bed she sobbed, “Western, oh Western, in The Pit of Despair…If only you hadn’t been captured by The Frightful Pirate Roger, we would be together tonight”

Ten miles away…..

Indigo Montoia, huffed and puffed as he hacked his way through the fire swamp. Behind him Fizzy the Giant carried Western as easy as one would carry a small bag of rice. Indigo glanced at the cabin of Miracle Marvin's Medical Sanatorium. They had rescued young Western from the pit of despair, but he was almost dead. Miracle Max had given Western a cure, but it would take some time for it to start.

“We head South to the Bellows Beach. There is a bar there that The Frightful Pirate Roger owns called Slims Throat Emporium. He is always looking for crewmen. We can work our way back home.” Fizzy grunted and continued on. Several times small pops of fire blooped ahead, Indigo stopped and let the fire die away. “Unless you have another idea Fizzy”

“Why yes, I have an idea that could lead to success”

Indigo stopped, “What is it?”

“Well when Western and I fought on the Cliffs of Insanity he spoke of true love, should we not help find this that he speaks of?”

Indigo turned, “And where would we find this, true love? And stop rhyming please.”

“I cannot help it, not one little bit”

Indigo growled under his breath… “Where is this true love?

Fizzy pointed to Florid, “Yon castle it is, the taking of it is the quiz.”

Indigo sheathed his sword and sat on a nearby rock reflecting, “I have always wanted to storm a castle”

Suddenly Western woke up, “What did I miss, why can’t I move, and who is this giant I am hanging off of?”

Indigo jumped up, smiled and said “There is too much to discuss so I will get to the point. The three of us are going to storm the castle and retrieve your true love”

Western, still hung over Fizzys back unable to move replied, “Well, we will need a crew. Perhaps you have heard of my nom de guerre…. The Frightful Pirate Roger?”

Join us as Island Paintball and Team Lockdown again join up again as OahuScenarios to present Hawaii’s second annual 24 hour format scenario game, A Royal Wedding!

Either play as one of the Goon Squad from Florid or on the side of “The Frightful Pirate Roger” will Miracle Marvin provide another coconut flavored morsel to cure things, will Indigo take revenge on a four fingered man. Can Western save Butterfinger before she enters into “ma-wage?”

Only you will find out as only you will write the ending to this story.

To miss this game will be………

INCONCEIVABLE.
Koa
I'm A OK!!!
Administrator
Elite Baller

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 05:26:48 PM »

Hello my name is Indigo Montoya you killed my father, prepare to die

Autotriggers for Sale
hellbent

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 01:01:41 PM »

look man, no disrespect, and i love princess bride, but whats this got to do with paintball?
Koa
I'm A OK!!!
Administrator
Elite Baller

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 05:27:27 PM »

what does any scenario have to do with paintball

SOMEBODY GET HIM A DRAGON!!!!

Autotriggers for Sale
Fridaddy

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 01:43:20 PM »

look man, no disrespect, and i love princess bride, but whats this got to do with paintball?

Its a scenario game, thats the storyline.  Most of the information you need is on our webpage.
www.oahuscenarios.com

Oh heck.... here is scenario ball in a nutshell.

These will generally be three day events with a get together BBQ and early check-in Friday night, and play going from morning Saturday to Sunday afternoon, with scheduled breaks for dinner and a maybe a few hours sleep at night. Games are based on a story line, usually either historical military action or fictional fantasy. Occasionally they are completely generated by the scenario director allowing for more creativity and imagination on the part of the players and the director. Sometimes the scenario is like the prelude to a book, the rest of the story is 'written' by the players during the game, the director merely keeps the action going. Other games have a rigid timeline that needs to be followed and mandatory missions to be run.

How it works...

Each team (often 100+ players) has a base of operations consisting of a command post or "CP", and is surrounded by various bunkers. Missions are called in to a the command post via radio from the scenario director. The General, having received the mission, then decides if it is feasible to undertake the mission and if so who he will assign the mission to. If the mission is completed points are awarded to the team. The side accomplishing the most missions/points wins. Eliminations have no effect on teams' scores. When a player is eliminated, he checks in at his team's flag station and tags in, then returns to the game. Thus, eliminated players aren't out of the action for long.

Scenario games also incorporate simulated "air strikes", "helicopter insertions", "booby traps", and an extensive intelligence network both before and during the game. It is not uncommon to see costumes, paintball "bazookas", walkie-talkies, electronic bugs, real and faux props/items and a whole variety of interesting devices built for the game.

Equipment..

As form follows function, scenario players tend to lean to the more "Mil-Sim" style of gear. Scenario players tend to be on the field for many hours at a time so they tend to pack more gear then their Speedball counterparts. Players will have a whole host of items such as, maps, ID Cards, hydration systems, grenades, night vision systems, and possibly a radio or two. Companies such as Cops911.com or Flurry Industries make vests based on S.W.A.T. or SpecOps vests. Also because Scenarios tend to be played in the woods, or in a mix of woods and buildings, camouflage uniforms are worn.

Although most players will use the brightly colored Speedball we are accustomed to, some players lean to the more realistic looking Paintball guns like the A-5, or the SP-8. One reason is the Mil-Sim aspect, most who use that style like the fact they can use a sling or holster to keep their hands free. In addition, this style of gun will have the mounting rails for lights and scopes that are used in night play. Paintball pistols are carried as back up guns. It is not uncommon to see a Paintball rocket launcher that shoots Nerf balls, or a land mine that sprays paint on the field.

Role players...

When a player starts the game he is issued a character card. The character card is the proof of a player's game ID and what side s/he is on. Players likely will not be allowed near the CP without it. Some character cards will also be accompanied by other specialty cards or roles to play. Such roles may be, demmo tech (explosives), medic/doctor, computer tech, pilot, accountant, or even a mad scientist.

In most games, there are players who show up just for the Role-playing aspect. The Role-Players will have their own game going inside the larger scenario game and will have a major impact on the overall outcome. Players do not have to play a role in the game, but those that accept a role to play will be provided with specific goals to accomplish in the game. So if you get a role and ao not wish to play that role, tell the General and s/he will swap you role out.

An important point to remember about scenario games is that missions win games, but Role-Players can develop information to win those missions. This role-playing extends off the field too. Negotiation between teams for props, deals (real and faux) for gear or info, even trying to get teams/players to defect. For Role-Players the event starts before the game with discussions on Internet BBS/forums, research of characters, phone calls between teams, and costuming. This "Pre-game" starts weeks or months before the first paintball is fired.

Final Battle...

If the scenario director has done his job right the two teams are close in points at the end. That means the "final battle" is worth the whole game. Usually the two teams fight over a prop or a person. This usually the most intense paintball battle one will ever be in. Its a all weapons shoot, cannons, grenades, rocket launchers...anything goes. There are so many paintballs being fired its not uncommon to see paintballs colliding in midair. Usually the winner of the final battle is the winner of the game.

The end...

The scenario weekend normally concludes with the two teams getting together for an overall cool-down where they are able to finally drop character and get to spend some time talking to their former enemies and do a good deal of "was that you over by the...?" In the world of Scenario teams, this games enemy may be next games ally, so there is little hard feeling between teams. There is also an awards ceremony where the scenario director is able to thank the attendees for their participation, give out a few awards like most valuable player, best costume and the like. It's also an opportunity for the generals for each team to acknowledge the hard work of his team and to give special nods to players that went above and beyond expectations. Frequently the sponsoring companies will have donated several items for a raffle and give these away as prizes.

Overall, it's primarily a chance for the players who have been enemies for the past two days to get together one last time shake hands and walk away as friends and good sports.

Then get ready to do it all over again.
Fridaddy

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 12:49:18 PM »

Show your support for the game of Paintball and your home state in style. Shirts, stickers, mugs & more - with more states & products coming soon! Be the first on your field to sport these original paintball state flags.

Our site, "State of the Game" is brought to you by Team Lockdown, one of Northern California's premier scenario paintball teams. All procedes help to fund our annual Hawaii scenario game, Oahuscenarios.com.

Field Owners: Check out our line of Ref & Scenario gear - functional & affordable.

www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

If you cant make the annual Hawaii Scenario Game, at least wear the shirt!

www.cafepress.com/OahuScenarios

And if you have a Paintball related graphic you would like to see done on a shirt, hat, mug, or even thong...drop us a line. We will see what we can do!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:30:25 AM by Fridaddy » Logged
Koa
I'm A OK!!!
Administrator
Elite Baller

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 07:27:49 PM »

hey thats this weekend right?

Autotriggers for Sale
Big Pun
Rec Baller

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 07:04:19 PM »

I'll be there again!
Koa
I'm A OK!!!
Administrator
Elite Baller

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 01:21:36 AM »

there's a rumor that its BYOP but i dont think its true

can Fridaddy confirm?

so he can prove me right and i can shoutlaugh at people who said it was

Autotriggers for Sale
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 2.048 seconds with 18 queries.