Black Rain
October 31, 2014, 06:55:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out PumpPB.com, our sister site, dedicated to pump paintball!

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CCM Economy Kit Review  (Read 2034 times)
Koa
I'm A OK!!!
Administrator
Elite Baller

« on: September 13, 2007, 12:44:04 PM »

I wanted one for so long and about 2 months ago i FINALLY GOT ONE!!!! thank you Mel and Rod!!!!!

Design:
While the designs of most Dual guide pump kits incorporate a secondary guide CCM has taken a different approach with their Economy kit.  The pump rod has become the second guide much like the K&P Cricket.  This is due to the Guide Ring that is held in place by the Primary Pump Guide and slides around the pump rod holding it in place.  The pump handle now only has one hole compared to its dual guide counterparts.

Installation:
A wonderfully brilliant feature is the Allen Head socket in the pump guide....this makes installation SUPER easy and secure on the gun with never worrying about loosening, and if you mar the guide you'll never see it unlike standard kits.  Installation in itself is very easy, just screw in the guide with the ring around it.  Push the Guide Ring's pump rod guide against the body and don't let the tightening of the guide turn the ring clockwise Then put on the handle and screw in your back block.  If you don't pay attention to the alignment then you'll get a binding pump stoke

Performance:
When using the kit I found out how innovative the Guide Ring is, the design could be applied with almost any pump to help snug up the Wobble of a pump handle and the Economy Kit doesn't disappoint.  Comparing it with a well used standard kit there seems to be less wobble, due to the fit of the ring around the pump rod. 

Where i was disappointed was while the Guide Ring itself was its greatest strength, it was also its Achilles Heel.
the problem moving the 2nd guide to the pump rod is that the pump handle's rod hole alignment to the Ring Guide is critical to its smoothness.

With the 2 kits I have in my used for this review one handle has a pump rod hole that was slightly misaligned when it was drilled, this has led to some binding when the kit is pumped back and has also kicked out my backblock some.  Also one of the Guide Rings had a small burr that caused some friction

Strength:
While all kits will bend or twist with enough torque applied to the handle the Economy Kit has a guide that isnt fixed to the body of the gun, so if you were so inclined to pump some CRAZY twist in your pump stroke there will be a binding effect similar as if the holes were misaligned, but nothing to worry about.

Smoothness:
With many factors leading to a smooth pump stoke with the Economy kit, the kits I have reviewed were very nice, as smooth as any other dual guide kit during a normal pump stroke, but binding when there is significant twist.  I would feel safe to say its the same as the Standard CCM and better than my WWA kit, but not as smooth as tunned Stock kits i have felt(due only to its lack of friction)

Aesthetics:
the looks of the kit is probably the biggest point to the CCM, with its price at a middle of the road 45 dollars the average pump playing might as well spring for the Standard CCM kit of a retail of around 70 dollars.  But what sets this kit from the others is its Dual Guide like performance coupled with a "sleeper" look making this my Favorite pump kit!

ONE BIG Con:
While this kit is available for the 2000 and newer sniper/cocker bodies CCM still hasn't made one for 99 bodies, I got my pump guide turned and threaded to fit my 99 body.

Come on CCM....make 99 guides!!!!! NOW!!!!!.....well not like I need them.....I have a machinist but where is the 99 love

Conclusion:
While the Economy Kit might not be as durable(in terms of twisting) as normal dual guide pump kits its lack of a front block (something I disdain) and its Wobble free use make up for it.  I would much rather use this than a Standard CCM or WWA kit.

WTF am i doing!!!
Well not letting anything stay unpolished and tunned alone for long i was thinking how smooth can I make this kit.  I began by polishing the Pump rod and the Pump guide until it has a nice shine and put it back together.....the result....AWESOME!!! the pump rod is so critical to the smoothness of the stroke any polishing to it will make the kit frictionless!!!.....it really makes a crisp positive pump stroke!!!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:54:12 PM by Koa » Logged

My Paintball Vids....also funny
Do not PM me technical questions, please ask in a forum
Autotriggers for Sale
Koa
I'm A OK!!!
Administrator
Elite Baller

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

AND ANOTHER THING!!!!

the allen socket is on the tip of the guide....and its not the hole through the guide style WWA does
what does this mean? well....if you were so inclined you could drill the guide out to become a volumizer.

My Paintball Vids....also funny
Do not PM me technical questions, please ask in a forum
Autotriggers for Sale
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.668 seconds with 18 queries.